Friday, May 18, 2007

I thought I'd seen it all.....But yesterday was a new adventure

On the way to work commuting to a project site about 100 miles away, I saw a Woman w/New York plates driving her Mercedes with a baby in the back and a plug-in Breast Pump on her Boobs.....boy was it shocking (maybe mildly erotic but more scary).....anyway I thought it was a weird thing, but is it De Rigeur......?...check the article.....I HAD NO IDEA......mag

Breast pumping on speed
By Lisa Moricoli Latham

If a baby is the fashion accessory of 2001, the breast pump is bound to be the personal electronic device of 2002. Even the best-dressed mommies (perhaps especially the best-dressed mommies) have got to work.

But where, oh where, to pump? Private offices are a thing of the past and few businesses offer even a cubicle where a woman can pump in peace. It is this dilemma that has forced many of us into the only semi-private sphere where a working woman can have some control: the car.

It is not uncommon for nursing working mothers to make a mad lunchtime dash for a car, plug into the cigarette lighter and pump away in the parking lot.

But not me. I pump on the road.

But, I must confess, the real reason I pump on the road is because it is deliciously subversive. When I power pump, as I've taken to calling it, I feel like I'm getting away with something. Responsible mothering offers few rebellious pleasures, and if I have to drive home standing on the accelerator with a funnel-shaped pumping flange hoovering my boob in order to experience this rebel joy, just call me "cc" Rider.

Are these Women Depraved......or am I just a little Lost on this one........For the rest of the article click the Title.....mag

1 comment:

Miguel Garces said...

Hey, if it saves time...I guess...