Saturday, August 04, 2007

Wow...you have to have Sympathy for Him......many of Us have gone through the same Horrible Experience.......

Tragic Event Forces Man To Spend Rest Of Life Confined To Office Chair

WILMETTE, IL—The life of recent college graduate Jeremy Fahey was forever changed earlier this month when the once outgoing and carefree student succumbed to a job offer at a local insurance claims firm, an unforeseen and tragic event that will most likely keep him confined to an office chair for the rest of his life.

Fahey, who claims to have lost "all sense of purpose" due to this harrowing turn of events, is already finding it difficult to remember a time when he "didn't feel completely numb."

"People keep telling me that it's going to get easier, that I won't always be stuck in this position, but right now, every minute of every day is a struggle," Fahey said.

In recent weeks, Fahey has also found himself requiring the aid of various stimulants and drugs, such as caffeine, sugar, and even alcohol, just to get through the day. Worse yet, those close to the once lively 22-year-old report that he has become almost entirely dependent on computers to communicate with those around him.

"I realize that what happened to Jeremy is nobody's fault, but still I sometimes wish I could have my old buddy back," said longtime friend Derrick Hodge, who recently visited Jeremy in his cubicle. "At first I tried pretending like nothing had changed, but every time I looked at him all I could see was that…that chair."

News of Fahey's debilitating employment has left his loved ones shocked and feeling helpless.

"He didn't deserve this," she added. "Nobody deserves this."

No comments: