Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Runaway Wrecking Ball

MEADVILLE, Pa. -- A wrecking ball wreaked havoc on a small college town in northwest Pennsylvania on Monday.

The 1,500-pound, 3-foot-wide ball broke loose from a crane cable and rolled nearly a mile downhill.

It smashed more than a dozen vehicles and injured three people as it bounced from curb to curb.

The ball slammed into the back of a car stopped at an intersection. The force caused a chain reaction with two other cars at the traffic light.

The driver, an Allegheny College junior, said he thought a car had hit him when his back windshield exploded.

The ball came to rest in the trunk of a car and pushed it nearly 20 feet.

Workers had been using the wrecking ball to demolish part of a library at Allegheny College when the cable snapped.

3 comments:

mag said...

you beat me to the Punch...!!!! I was going to post this new item today....good Job.....mag

Unknown said...

yea yea...he says he was going to put it....but dont tell him I told you this...he said "WOW that was a good idea mick had, Im going to say I was going to put this story up!!" ... but shhhh keep that on the DL ;)

Miguel Garces said...

Don't worry, I will. I've been suspecting that he's hacked into my computer to watch what websites I browse.